It was about dinner time when he got here so we went up to the gate way and had lunch at Tai Foons (Tai Foons is a pretty nice Chinese food place, kinda like P.F. Changs, that I got gift cards to through work). We really did not plan on this but figured what the heck since we were up here anyways. Mom was still in Orem so we walked around for 45 minutes until she got here and then went to eat.Anyways, we were not really expecting to be gone long. After all, we were just gonna pick up Dustin then go straight home. So because that was the plan I only brought one diaper. Well, while we were walking around waiting for mom to come, Mathias had a stinky and required a bum change. I had obviously forgotten about the entire Powerade he drank while we were waiting to pick up Uncle Dustin and thought that we would be fine. While we were waiting for our dinner to arrive, mom looked over at me and said, "I think he is wet." I did not think much of it because A. we had just changed him like 45 minutes ago and B. she will change him if he is the slightest bit wet. So our dinner came and Mathias was sitting next to me and said, "Wet," and I looked own and it looked like he spilled something on his chair except he was not holding a drink or anything. Yup, you guessed it, he was soaked. And I am not talking about his shorts being a little wet, I am talking they were soaked and it looked like he spilled something on the seat. I felt so bad. We had no more diapers and I had no idea what we were going to do! I did not even know if there was a grocery store near by and all the cloths stores were closed. Mom asked the front desk lady if they had any diapers that were left behind or anything, they didn't. Again I felt like the worst mom. So we hurried up, paid, and left. Luckily we had a blanket and towel in the car so we put the blanket on his car seat then wrapped the towel around him and buckled him in and hoped for the best. It worked and I learned a lesson, big time, but hey at least it took me 2 1/2 years to learn that one. I will always bring extra diapers!
No comments:
Post a Comment