The drive down wasn't bad. It was only 1 1/2 hours and Azlyn slept through it all. Mathias was in the jeep with Devin and he actually fell asleep for a bit too, which is crazy to me since there was no top or doors and they were going 80mph down the freeway. The only bummer part was that they charged us for both cars to get into the dunes. We were hoping to leave my car outside the gate. It was $18 per car. Nuts!

We got there Saturday afternoon. After we got there, we went over to Sand Mountain and watched as people raced up the front of the mountain. There were a ton of people watching. Dallas and his buddies were trying to race and see how fast they could go. They even had a radar gun. These guys are crazy. I was pretty impressed. Mathias loved playing in the sand with Cohen and watching all the four wheelers, sand buggies, and dirt bikes. Azlyn did pretty well considering how noisy it was. She would just cuddle into me.
Dallas has a four wheeler, a dirt bike, and a razor. Their little boy Cohen also has his own little dirt bike with training wheels. Dev took Mathias out in the Razor and kept telling him to push the petal all the way to the floor to go faster. He loved it! He doesn't seem to have much fear with things like this. He also rode Cohen's dirt bike. Dallas took Devin for a night ride in a windstorm on the razor and made him motion sick. He also had Devin swearing at him. I couldn't imagine going on a night ride and not being able to see anything. Dallas took me for a ride on the razor the next day. It was a lot of fun at first. We were just jumping on some medium size sand dunes by our camp, but then we went on the back side of the mountain with the huge sand dunes and huge drops. That was pretty fun for a while then I got really nervous. Dallas is seriously insane. The guy has absolutely NO FEAR! We had a blast though and it is definitely an experience that we will not forget. Mathias is constantly asking if we can go back again.
Here are a few pics of our little family. I get REALLY BAD allergies in the more dessert areas. They are really bad in Moab and Lake Powell and apparently at the sand dunes too. You've gotta love my swollen face and eyes! Oh well, I still had a blast!
1 comment:
Love your blog Tanessa! Super cute! And both your kids are adorable and look soooo much like Dustin it's crazy! So I know you have bad allergies...I just read that alfalfa really helps. Have you tried that at all? Like alfalfa pills or powdered alfalfa? My allergies aren't as bad as yours but in the fall I get them to where my throat is sore for about a month straight from all of the histamine. Anyway, I started taking alfalfa in powder form and I didn't have allergies at all this year...it was so nice. Anyway, just wanted to see if you've heard of that or tried it.
Your family is super cute!
Malaena
Post a Comment