Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Pool party

Dev plays on an indoor coed soccer team every Saturday. This Saturday we invited the team and their families over to our place for a pool party after the game. It was a great day for the pool and the bbq.



Mathias was not too sure about the whole pool thing at first. We were not expecting this since he loves his baths and loved the pool last summer. It just took him a half a second to remember it and then he absolutely loved it. He loved it when his daddy would throw him in the air and then bounce in the water.

Eating on the grass. It took some convincing to get Mathias to stop playing long enough to eat anything. After many threats of time out and us telling him he could continue to play after he ate did he eat all of his dinner.


Trying to eat licorice and drink at the same time.




Very messy chip face!
























Dev asked to ride one of the kids' Rip Sticks to see if he could do it. This was pretty entertaining to watch.
However, he did eventually get it and as you can see he was very proud of himself. Mathias wanted him off of it though and was chasing him down.

The guys played a game of horse shoes. This was also pretty entertaining. I can not remember the last time I played this.

I wish I got a picture of the reason Mathias was crying. We asked Bryson, ones of the older boys, to help keep an eye on Mathias while Dev was throwing his horse shoes so he would not get hit with one. He would constantly run in the middle of the game. So while Mathias was running in the middle of the game Bryce ran after him trying to chase him away and this scared Mathias to death. He was screaming and crying as if someone was trying to kill him. It was a pretty interesting reaction that none of us expected. (p.s. he had not had a nap at all this day)
Posted by Picasa
I love these pictures. In the first one I just looked over and Mathias had his drink resting on the bars, I guess he was sick of holding it. Pretty smart kid. And the others are of him climbing up these kind of bars all by himself for the very first time. I love the look of determination in the second one and then of course him sticking out his tongue which he does when he is doing something that he is concentrating on.

We then ended the night with a a bath for Mathias and then him demanding that Brian be the one to read him his bedtime story. I could not resist a picture. Brian is Mathias' absolute most favorite person right now. He asks just about daily "Brian coming ove?." So cute.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

How I miss the days of BBQ and Pool Parties....so fun!