Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The time has finally come

When Mathias disobeys we have been putting him in his crib for time out. We only put him in there for two minutes (his age) and then we get him out and explain what he has done wrong, that he needs to listen to us, and that we love him. Well, I put him in time out on Thursday (June 5) and not 30 seconds later I here the door knob start to wiggle and running out comes a screaming Mathias. He had finally learned how to get out of his crib. I knew this day would come and was lucky that it took him this long to decide to do it. I guess it is time for a time out chair.
So I put him back in there and watched while taking pictures as he got out of it the second and third time. Below are the sequence of pictures of Mathias getting out.




2 comments:

Rebecca said...

how funny! what a little stinker.. :) I can't believe he is big enough to do that, what a smart little guy

Matt, Arien, Pete and Piper said...

What a cute little guy! Pete just learned to climb out too, but he will only do it when we are in the room with him. I guess we are still lucky, I am just waiting for the day he comes in my room in the middle of the night:)