Monday, April 27, 2009

last week

Well, here is a recap of what we have been up to in the last week.

Last Sunday we had stake conference, which like many other people, we consider to be a free week. We decided to take advantage of the time that we had with Dev and headed up to Park City to use some of our gift certificates that we got for Christmas and Easter. I think that the people who decided that there need to be parks at the outlets are brilliant. Mathias definitely needed to blow off some energy in the middle of our shopping trip. It was so incredibly gorgeous while we were there and we got Mathias most of his summer wardrobe taken care of with very little money out of pocket. It does not get much better than that.

While I was putting away some laundry (shocker, I know) Mathias decided to load up his bed with all of his stuffed animals, and for some reason a few of his toys, and play on his bed. He then decided to jump in all of his stuffed animals. Whatever works to keep him busy and out of trouble while I am getting things done is alright with me. Anyone have any ideas on how to decorate his room? All of his walls are bare because I can not figure out what to put on them.

Mathias is getting interested in playing video games like daddy (uh oh!) and asked if he could play monster trucks one day. He thinks it is cool to drive backwards.

On Earth Day (Wed.) we met Mema and some of her coworkers up the canyon for a quick lunch date. It was such perfect weather!! I know I have said it before but I can not wait for it to warm up for good so we can spend many more days hanging out up the canyon.



Dev actually got off work at a decent out on Wed. as well so we headed up Battlecreek Canyon to play "jeeps." It turned out that there was a little competition going on with about 20 other rc buggies. I think the boys were in heaven! Come to find out they "compete" there every other Wednesday. I see us going there way more frequently now, which is just fine by me. It gives them something to enjoy doing together and I get to sit back and watch them and enjoy some nice fresh air!

The weather was not so good for the weekend. Mathais and I spent alot of time watching movies and playing cars. I think Mathias has just a few cars to play with (this does not include his bigger ones). Dev had a scout campout on Friday night and part of Saturday.
That was pretty much last week in a nut shell. Hopefully as the weather warms up there will be more (entertaining?) frequent blog posts.

2 comments:

Dunstan Family said...

he is so cute and jumping on his bed in hus undies... i caught eli going to restroom and he was playing while sitting there with his undies on his head... i really think it is genetics...

mizkylie said...

Happy Mother's Day Tenessa, you are a wonderful mommy!@