Monday, May 18, 2009

wet and wild

While Rick, Melissa, and Audrey were in town, Mathias and I hung out with them quite a bit over at Kevin and Kelly's house. One day we were eating lunch outside and it was pretty hot, so we decided to let the kids play in the hose and little kiddie pool. Mathias did not have a swimsuit with him so I just stripped him down to his undies and let him play in those.



Here he is testing out the water and trying to drink from the hose for the first time this year. I didn't know how he would react to the water because last year they tried to get Mathias wet with the sprinklers and he freaked out. He absolutely loved it though.

I know this is the most random picture and I wish Mathias was looking at me. However, as soon as I saw this picture I just started laughing. Mathias is built EXACTLY Like Devin! From the long curved torso to the booty and even down to all three cowlicks in his hair. I just love it!



For some reason Mathias thought it would be so much fun to fill up his little cup with water and come and attack me with it. Then when he was done with the cup he would come over and give me big wet hugs and try to knock me over. I really didn't mind because he was just having so much fun, but it was fun for me to try and keep the camera dry.



He loved playing with his cousins Holly and Audrey. Audrey, however, was not too excited about getting wet with the hose; she would much rather just lounge at the pool.

I absolutely LOVE this picture! I am not sure what it is about it that I love so much. Maybe it is that Mathias was just so dang happy, or that it just screams summer. Whatever it is, I just love it and it makes me smile.

No comments: