What an awesome Easter we had. Mathias woke us up bright and early at 7 (not so awesome) and we started things off with an Easter egg hunt.
The Easter bunny hid 10 eggs- 5 camo ones which had candy in them and 5 big ones that had cars in them. Mathias did a pretty good job finding most of them but we had to give him some hints for the last few. He loved seeing what he got in the eggs and got so excited with each one that he opened.
The Easter bunny got kinda lazy this year and didn't think that she hid the Easter basket very hard. It was just under some jackets on the couch but Mathias looked everywhere else for it first. It was pretty funny to watch. He was so excited to get some new movies, a book, bath colors, water paints and chocolate. I'm so glad it doesn't take much to please this little guy.Side note: Every year that we have lived here I have taken a picture of Mathias in his Easter clothes with his Easter basket out front by a bush. This is the first year that I have not been able to do that. So many things were against us. For one, Easter fell on general conference so he did not have to dress up. And two, we woke up to snow on the ground. I guess next week we will have to get a picture of him in his "Easter outfit" and have him hold his little sis instead of his Easter basket!
The rest of the day was pretty lazy. After opening the Easter basket we had breakfast and then attempted to watch one of his new movies. Dev and I both fell asleep though. We then watched general conference. Then it was lunch time and Mathias took a THREE hour nap which meant we got to watch the second session of conference uninterrupted! After the nap we hung out at the DeGooyer's house where Mathias got to play with his cousin Holly and we filled up on lots of yummy food. I love lazy days like these. Hope everyone had a great Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment