Wednesday, July 7, 2010

3 months

Azlyn is three months old. It is weird that we are at the point already of saying months and not weeks for her age. As usual it is going by way too fast for me. I keep telling her to slow down. It took us a while to get her and I just want to enjoy her being this small. On the other hand though I can't wait to see her reach certain milestones - like giggling, for instance.
Anyways here is a little about her at 3 months.

This is not the best picture of her but it fits her to a T for this age. She is always smiling, drooling and grabbing stuff with her hands!

Here she is with her bunny for her monthly birthday picture.

While I was trying to get the above two pictures, Azlyn noticed her bracelet. She just kept staring at it. She has pretty much worn one everyday since she came home so it was about time she noticed it I guess.


  • She is such a little drool monkey! She seriously drools a ton sometimes. It is so fun for me to see how different my kids are. Mathias never drooled unless he was teething.


  • She is getting so good with her toys. She grabs at them when you dangle them in front of her and she can hold on to them for quiet a while.

  • She is a MAJOR thumb sucker. She is now to the point to where if you try to give her her binky you just make her more upset. I think that it is cute but I don't want her to do it for too long. Makes me kinda nervous just thinking about trying to break her of this habit when she gets older.

  • She still loves her swing. Also this is about as close as Izzie kitty gets to her. I think she is kind of afraid of her.

  • She is getting so close to rolling onto her tummy. I think the only thing that is stopping her is she has always has her thumb in her mouth.

  • She hates tummy time still. She is actually getting better at tolerating it for a few minutes then she gets upset. She won't even try to lift up her head. She will lay there and either lick the blanket or suck her thumb. When she starts to get upset she gets her knees up underneath her and tries to push off with her feet. I joke with Dev that she is gonna start crawling with her head still on the floor. I also always joke that her chubby cheeks are just to heavy for her to lift.

  • This is pretty much how she always sleeps. Her knees up and her arms straight out. She also always kicks her blanket off of her.
  • She is still an awesome sleeper. Her schedule at night lately is she is usually in bed by about 9:30 and then she gets up at 6:00 to eat then back to bed till 9 and eats then back to bed till 11. Naps after that are kinda hit and miss. Someday she will take a couple 2-3 hours naps and other days she will cat nap at about 15-30 minutes at a time.
  • She still eats about every 3-4 hours during the day.
  • She has decided that she doesn't really want to take bottles anymore. She will start to take them for a minute then gets fussy but the instant I nurse her she is fine. Hopefully this won't last too long because I like the freedom of being able to go out on dates with the hubby and such plus I have a pretty good stock pile of milk in the freezer that will eventually need to get used up.


  • She is still in 0-3 month clothes. They are starting to fit better, however the bottoms (shorts, pants, skirts, bloomers) are still pretty big around the waist. More so in the jean shorts. Hopefully they will fit before it gets cold.
  • She is still in size 1 diapers
  • I weighed her on our scale this morning and it said that she weighed 12 lbs exactly.


  • She still adores her big brother. She always gives him the biggest smiles. He also loves her to pieces saying " We love sis don't we, she is the bestest girl ever!" I love watching them together. It seriously makes my day.


You might have to pause my music to hear it
Here is a short video of Azlyn cooing away. It is not the best quality because it is taken with my phone. Also the noise you hear towards the end is me receiving an email on it. Oh well it is still a cute video of her talking.

No comments: