Sunday, January 2, 2011

Good Bye 2010 Hello 2011

Last year was an interesting one for sure. It was a major roller coaster of ups and downs and I am so glad it is over.

Here are a few things that happened in the last year good, bad and ugly.

  • Mathias turned 4. Man alive he is growing up.
  • Dev lost his job just six weeks before Azlyn was born.
  • We had our beautiful sweet baby Azlyn. We tried to get pregnant for 2 years and are so excited that we finally got another cute kiddo!
  • We lost our condo to foreclosure in July. This is both good and bad. It was nice to have our own place but I am glad to be out of our over-priced, glorified apartment that gave us a lot of problems. MOLD - bleh!
  • We moved in with Dev's parents. While it is not super fun moving back in with parents we are so incredibly grateful that they are so willing to help us out so much! They are a major blessing in our lives.
  • Mom moved up to Ogden. We don't like that she is so far away but we are so happy that she finally was able to get a job after being unemployed for about a year.
  • We had our 6th wedding anniversary.
  • Mathias started his second year of preschool and loves it.
  • We got to spend a lot more time with Dev!
  • Dev got a seasonal job at Costco as well as a temporary job doing some architectural drafting!
  • I am on my 4th year of cleaning for the FBI
  • We had a great holiday season spending a ton of time with family.

Things we are looking forward to in 2011.


  • Azlyn learning to crawl and walk
  • Mathias turning 5. I can't believe he is going to be 5 soon. ahh
  • Azlyn turning 1. Seriously her first year has just flown by
  • Watching both kids grow and learn new things
  • Warm weather and getting out a ton for the summer
  • Celebrating our 7th year of marriage
  • Dev possibly going back to school
  • Mathias starting kindergarten. I can hardly believe it.

Here are also a few goals for 2011

  • lose these last 10-15 pesky pounds! I am excited that I am already down to pre-pregnancy weight and was only a few months after she was born. In fact I was 20 pounds lighter a few months after she was born than I was when I got pregnant. I guess baby number 2 has been pretty good to me.
  • this goes along with the last one but get in shape.
  • also along the same lines eat more healthy and drink way more water
  • go on more dates with the hubby
  • play more with the kiddos
  • got to bed before 1 in the morning
  • do family home evening
  • work on our finances
  • make more time for me
  • read more
It should be pretty interesting to see how this year goes. What are you looking forward to this year or what are some of your goals?

No comments: