We waited a week to have Azlyn's birthday party because we wanted to have it at a nearby park and we were hoping for some nice weather. The weather turned out to be perfect! Here are the decorations for her little party. It has become a tradition to get a number balloon for the age that they are turning for our kids birthdays.
Since it was such nice weather a lot of people had already made plans so only two of our friends, the Huish's and the Larsen's, were able to make it. My mother-in-law came as well. After we ate the kids went to play on the playground and the adults sat and watched them and chatted. It was really laid back.
We ate some lunch of sandwiches on rolls, a veggie tray and a bowl of mixed fruit. After lunch we of course had cake and ice cream. Azlyn ever so daintily picked at her little flower cupcake. She just kept picking at the frosting, I don't think she ate any of the actual cake.
Here she is signing "more".
I just had to share some close ups of her cute little frosting covered face.
After she was done with her cupcake she moved on to the flowers. Seriously EVERYTHING goes into this little girl's mouth.
Unfortunately everyone had to leave by the time we got to presents. The Larsen's got her a little baby doll. It was the perfect gift, as Azlyn loves babies. I could hardly get it away from her to open the next present. She had to have it with her in her car seat on the way home in the box and all.
We got her this little gumball machine that came with some little hard plastic balls that have things in them like dogs, diamond rings, teddy bears etc. These little balls were really popular when Mathias was a baby but we didn't have anything to go with them so I thought that this would be perfect. When you push the little lever to let the ball twist down it lights up and plays music. I love that in the last picture she is clasping her hands and saying ooooo while looking at it.
When we got home from her little party we decided to take advantage of this nice weather and play outside some more. Azlyn has been learning to walk by pushing her little doll stroller. She always seems to make it turn though. It was so cute to see her walk with it. Of course Mathias was playing with his cars in the dirt.
While I was getting Azlyn ready for bed I noticed that she got her first little sunburn. Luckily though I think that she is gonna have my skin where the sunburn will quickly turn into a tan.We are so lucky that our red heads actually tan.
I thought that it was funny that you can see where her little bracelet was.
It turned out to be a perfect, relaxing day at the park spending time with friends. It couldn't get much better than that.











No comments:
Post a Comment