Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kindergarten Passport


Today we had Mathias' 5yr/kindergarten check up. He was a little nervous to go to his doctor's appointment because he knew he had to get shots. He went with me to Azlyn's 12 month check up the week before and saw her get shots and was very concerned about it.  He did really well though. He said ouch a few times and shed a tear or two but then said, "You are right mom, it wasn't that bad and only hurts for a minute."

Getting him to do a natural smile these days is just about impossible!

 The pediatricians office made it a fun day though. They set this day aside to mostly do kindergarten appointments. He got a t-shirt and even got to choose what color he wanted.

























After his check up he got to take a picture with his doctor and got a passport for kindergarten.
The top picture is the front and back of it and the bottom picture is the inside. I thought this passport was a really cute idea.
Here are Mathias' stats at 5 years old.
Weight 49.1 lbs = 88.47%
Height 45.38 inches = 86.99%
Mathias is still consistently a pretty big boy for his age!

 
I seriously cannot believe that my baby boy is going to be in kindergarten this year. That is just so crazy to me!

3 comments:

Melanie Hampton said...

Who is your doctor? They sound awesome!

The Browers said...

We go to Utah Valley Pediatrics in Provo. The doctor we usually see is Dr. Laruet. We love it there. All of the doctors and nurses there are awesome.

Chris and Jana said...

I can't believe how big Mathias is!!! I didn't even recognize him. I am sad I haven't even met Azlyn, she is so adorable. You make me miss Utah (and Dr. Lauret, we loved him as our old doctor!)