Wednesday, May 19, 2010

6 weeks

Holy cow the time seems to be flying by me. I cannot believe that Azlyn is already 6 weeks old and yet it seems like she has been here forever. Here are a few things about Azlyn at 6 weeks.

  • She is such a smiley baby! She is now smiling in response to you as well as just out of the blue. I absolutely love her little smiles, they just light up her whole face.
  • She's still trying to coo. She mostly does it when she is upset but is trying really hard to do it when she is happy. She gets her whole body into it.
  • She is now focusing more on your face and tries to follow and find you when you are talking to her.
  • She is out-growing her newborn night clothes and is starting to wear more of her 0-3 month things.
  • She still eats a 4 oz bottle when I pump but on occasion she will eat 5 oz.
  • She still eats about every 3-4 hours during the day. She takes about 10 minutes to nurse.
  • Like I mentioned in her 4 week post, Azlyn doesn't have another doctors appointment till she is two months old. Therefore, I don't know exactly how much she weighs or what her percentile is. However, I put her on our scale this morning and it said she was around 10.3 lbs. I just sat her on it and tried to give her as little support as I could so I don't know how accurate that is.


  • She still likes to try and stick her whole fist in her mouth.
  • She likes to poop or pee the instant we open her diaper, remove the diaper from underneath her, or the instant we put a clean one on her without fail! We go through a lot of diapers this way. We also go through a lot of clothing and changing pad covers which equals a lot of laundry.

  • She has started to pout out her lower lip when she gets upset. I just think this is the cutest and funniest thing. Poor thing, I will let her get upset sometimes for a second just so I can see it :).

  • She is such a good little sleeper for the most part. She has been fighting sleep a little bit during the day. I will let her whimper for a minute or two when I know that she is all taken care of and is just tired. Sometimes though she will put herself right to sleep.
  • She doesn't care where she sleeps. She will sleep in her bassinet, the car seat, the swing, the floor or when you hold her. Here she is on the floor sleeping.
  • She has been sleeping from about 12-12:15 to about 7:15- 7:45 ish at night lately.


  • She is usually pretty good at tummy time. She does get frustrated though towards the end. Sometimes when she tries to lift her head she will also left her legs and balance on her tummy for a second. Sometimes she even gets a little on her side. It is kinda entertaining to watch.
This really has nothing to do with her being six weeks old and this is not a very good picture of her but I just have to show off how super long her eyelashes are. I just love them! I wish I had them. Hopefully they will stay this long.

No comments: