Monday, June 21, 2010

swimming

This morning I went to take Mathias to swim lessons, however when we got there we found out that the heater in the pool was broken so they were not holding them. I figured that since Mathias was already in his swimsuit and covered in sunscreen that we would just go swimming at our place. I had to get Azlyn a swim suit first though. I hadn't gotten her one for this summer because I figured she would be too small and that I really wouldn't feel like getting into a swimsuit myself. So we went on the hunt for one for her. We tried EVERYWHERE. Old Navy didn't have a single swimsuit, Target only had ones starting at about 9 months, Children's Place had nothing in her size, neither did Crazy 8. The only two stores I could find that had ones in her size were Gymboree and Baby Gap. We ended up getting a couple at Gap. The one good thing about waiting this long was that once we found some they were half off so we got two for the price of one! Then we went and got some swim diapers. I think that they need to make an extra small size or something. The smallest size they have are 16-26 lbs. Hello, she is only about 10 1/2 lbs. We got them anyways, didn't seem like we had any other choice. Poor Mathias, by the time we were done shopping it was lunch and nap time. He was a pretty good sport though and I promised him that we would go after his nap. This actually worked out better for me because I wouldn't be by myself for too long with two kiddos,one being a newborn, at the pool. Dev got off work about a half hour after we got there.

I was trying to get a picture of Azlyn in the pool by myself. This was kinda tricky and so this is the best shot I could get. She didn't seem to mind the pool, she just kinda sat there.

She lasted about 5 minutes before falling asleep. So I put her in her car-seat under a table for some shade and got back in the pool with Mathias for a bit.

Mathias is a pretty good little fishy. The first time he gets in the pool for the summer he is kinda scared but then he quickly warms up. He "swam" all around the pool by himself and even tried to do it on his back a little, as much as the arm floaties would let him anyways.

I tried to get a few pictures of the kiddos together but not 1 turned out. This was the best one I got. I swear Azlyn's cheeks are too heavy for her to be able to lift up her head. This was after her quick nap. She did so good. I am also really trying to be better about being in the pictures with the kiddos. I am usually the one taking the pictures so there are few of me. I want to be able to look back through and have everyone be able to know I was there too. Anyways, I would have to say our first trip to the pool with two kiddos went really well!

No comments: