Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Toddler talk

Some explanation about his clothing. He had messed his britches so we had to throw a load of jeans in the wash resulting in him wearing his pajama bottoms. While I was typing this up he had apparently put on his rain boots (and on the right feet I might add, if even by accident) and came in here to tell me he wanted to go outside. I thought the outfit was just too much and had to take a picture or two.

Mathias has become such the jabber box lately. He will copy just about everything you say and when the mood hits him just right he will copy every sound you make as well. He is starting to put three word sentences together.
"ride dad jeep"
"ride momma's car"
"watch monster trucks peas" or "monster trucks on"
"more e-o peas"
"go away Puka"
These are just some of the few I can remember right now.

He can count to ten the whole way through and in order all by himself. We are currently working on counting to twenty (which he mostly has down). He is also our little singer. He can sing "Twinkle twinkle" the whole way through all by himself and some of "Old Macdonald." The latest thing we have been working on his the alphabet. So far he starts from "H" and goes the whole way through (in order) he even sings "now I know my abc's, next time wont you sing with me." I have not caught this on the video camera yet (every time I pull out the video recorder, Mathias hams it up and just wants to see himself on it saying, "see Mat") but I am working on it, I promise. I can not believe how quickly he has grown and how fast he learns. It amazes me everyday!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Okay - I love the toddler talk. My all time favorite so far is "go away Puka"...how funny is that!