Azlyn had her wellness visit yesterday. I thought since she already got shots at her doctors visit that we might as well get her ears pierced the same day. I figured if she was gonna be ornery and drugged up on Tylenol anyways, we might as well get it all over with at once. I really wanted them done last month but have been battling Dev about it. He really did not want me to get her ears pierced but I have always wanted to get my baby girl's ears pierced young. I figured that they were gonna get pierced at some point might as well do it while they won't mess with them much. Anyways, here are some pics of the whole process.
Here is the lady measuring and marking where to pierce them. She redid one ear a couple of times. I thought she did really well. She really took her time and kept making sure that they were placed perfectly.
And through it went. Azlyn screamed almost instantly. Poor girl, it actually did break my heart to hear her scream but I knew it would only last a minute.
Onto the other side. The lady that did them didn't want to do them at the same time in case Azlyn jerked away.
Then we twisted each one a couple of times. We have to clean them and turn them 3 times a day for 6 weeks. She has to keep them in for 6 weeks, then at 6 weeks we can put in different earrings. She has to wear them for 6 months though to make sure they don't close up.
So far these are the best pictures I could get of her earrings. You can't really get a straight on shot because her little ear lobes are hidden behind her chubby cheeks and every time I try to get a picture of them she moves and/or the the flashes makes her earrings shiny/blurry. They are little clear crystal like flowers. I will try to get better pictures later.


No comments:
Post a Comment