
So I got pulled over a couple of weeks ago for speeding (40 in a 25) on 600 west in P.G., which is totally retarded on my part because of where I got pulled over. I know that the cops are always sitting at the little pipe office building. I pass that spot daily when go to or from work and see them poaching there quite often, so why I still speed there is beyond me. Anyways, he offered me traffic school (which I attended today) so that it would not go on my record , which I am grateful for. However, I have a big bone to pick with P.G. I am not sure if only P.G. does this or not, but I found out that you have to not only pay for traffic school (which is $60) but then you also have to pay a surcharge fee (which is $32), and then on top of all that you still have to pay the ticket (which was around $82)! I was surprised by this. A couple of years ago I went to traffic school in Provo (Devin's note: anyone see a theme here?!) and only had to pay for the class. But I guess I should not be too surprised because they will always try to get the most out of you. Needless to say, I will never speed on that road again! Man that is a pricey mistake!
3 comments:
Be grateful you live in Utah. Out here they have photo enforcement for everything and the tickets are $400+!! On top of that you still have tp pay the fee to the court for traffic school and then traffic school is yet another fee. Trust me...one ticket was enough for me.
There is ALWAYS a cop on that road, I try to warn people. I don't feel bad about it though. It's like a block from our house and there's a TON of kids in this neighborhood and it freaks me out that you'll see a bullet bike going 60 down that street. Sorry though!
You can get going 60 on that road?! That stretch of road, from Jeri's house up to Manila Elementary, is the worst pile of crap excuse for a street as there ever was. I'm surprised I don't lose parts off my jeep from bouncing around so much from all the pot holes. Maybe that's why they don't repair it, people would speed even worse!
Post a Comment